Update system outage (5 November 2021)
Today the latest update on the system outage that Justis has had to deal with since 15 October. We thank you for your understanding and patience over the past few weeks.
The situation now is as follows.
- The digital environment (MijnJustis) has been restored and all products can be requested digitally again.
- Due to the expected large influx of VOG applications, please anticipate to a longer lead time and also the acknowledgment of receipt may take a couple of days more than you are used to.
- We have the intention to handle applications for boa deeds within the legal period of 13 weeks.
- There is a solution for the renewal of boa deeds. Boa’s whose deed expires in the period 1 November 2021 to 2 January 2022 may automatically exercise their authority for a longer period of 2 months. This is a decision of the Minister for Legal Protection.
- Status information can be retrieved again. Please take into account longer waiting times at our Customer Contact Center.
Frequently asked questions
1. The application code for my VOG-application is about to expire or has already expired. What can I do?
Now the outage is completely resolved you can contact the organisation that prepared the application for you and ask them to prepare a new one. You can find the details of the organisation in the original Justis application e-mail. Please be advised that our contact center cannot provide you with an application code.
2. Can a new employee start their job without a VOG?
Justis is an executive organisation, as such, we do not create any policy regarding VOG requirement. For any questions relating to this we refer you to the body/organisation responsible for policy creation and supervision for that specific field. As an example, questions pertaining to education employees would need to be directed at the Ministry of Education, inquiries on the taxi industry at the Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management.