New texts for Certificate of Conduct for Natural Persons
With effect from 1 December 2020, the Ministry of Justice Integrity and Screening Agency (Justis) will amend the text of the Certificate of Conduct for Natural Persons (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag voor natuurlijke personen, VOG NP). We have amended the texts to ensure clear and understandable communication.
What has changed?
The text on the front of the VOG NP has a different appearance. We have also added a sentence about verifying the authenticity features of the certificate. No further changes have been made to the content. Example of the certificate is shown below.
Always verify the certificate
Always verify the authenticity and accuracy of the certificates. You can only establish the authenticity of the VOG NP with the original paper document. You will not be able to establish authenticity with a PDF, scan or a copy of the certificate. You should therefore always ask for the original document, so that you can establish its authenticity. This will prevent misuse. You can recognise a genuine certificate based on a number of features:
· The paper contains a grid and the blue logo of the Government of the Netherlands.
· The paper contains a characteristic wavy watermark.
· Under a UV lamp, the paper remains dark and small fibres in the paper and a figurative mark at the bottom right light up.
· Under a UV, lamp a rectangle lights up around the blue N number in the top right corner of a VOG NP.
· A hologram is visible in the paper.
If you have any questions, please visit www.justis.nl for more information, or contact our Customer Contact Centre using the contact form or call +31 (0) 88 - 998 22 00, available on working days between 9.00 and 17.00.